With all the new perspective I’m gaining lately on rest, self love, and self care, I find myself in need of some new/updated goals for this fall that match.
I’d really like to be finished losing weight-y’all know that by now. Part of it is that I just hate having things unfinished. I like to start a project and see it completed. However, in this particular season, I don’t have a ton of control over how quickly that happens. I can’t work any harder than I am, so I have to find a way to focus on the process rather than the results. So, for right now, I think I need to focus on consistency in the things that will make the transformation possible. These things I do have control of. How does that translate into goals? Well, on some level I’m still hoping to be finished with the active shrinking portion of my journey by Halloween, so let’s let that be the time period I’m looking at now: the next 5.5 weeks.
What are the goal categories?
- Morning self care routine-I need to create a consistent habit of starting my day with uplifting thoughts, devotional time, essential oils, and foods that support my health goals. 7 days a week, albeit differently on weekends.
- Eating good food -I plan my meals in their entirety during the week to get the most satisfaction and nutrition for the calories. 6 days a week!
- Yoga-as I have been rediscovering my yoga practice, I’ve also been discovering how badly I need this. It is therapeutic for body and mind. 5 days a week
- Strength training -for at least the next 5.5 weeks, this has to happen 4x a week at whatever intensity I can make happen on a given day.
- Cardio training-I plan on riding my spin bike 3x a week and walking at least on the alternate three days, and bonus if I also walk on cycle days-but I know some days I’m not going to have the intensity to spin and some days weather won’t let me walk, so I’m gonna say this: I need to do 30 min of some kinda cardio at the best intensity I have to give 5x a week.
- Mindfulness/meditation-this kinda overlaps with the morning and evening self care, but it’s really important so it gets its own category. 10+ minutes 2x a day, 7days a week.
- Supplements and anti-inflammatory foods-I’ve written out a whole plan to reduce stress and inflammation. 7days a week
- Evening self care: hygiene, journaling, meditation, calming beverages, and getting to bed on time. 7 days a week
That’s a lot, but if I commit myself to it with gentleness toward myself, I should be feeling so much better and hopefully my body will be on its way to looking fitter too.